As a facility owner, managing space and avoiding double bookings can be incredibly difficult on your own. Utilizing scheduling software that can validate space, prevent double bookings, and allow certain client groups advanced scheduling rights can be critical.
Facility reservations are perfect for a wide variety of sports facilities and organizations. They’re great for courts, fields, and a variety of indoor sports facilities. Also, they fit well with any municipality or club that offers pavilions, fields, or any other location rental. Finally, facility reservation can benefit any type of school or academy that has rentable classrooms, fields, or gyms.
Important Rules to Utilize
What rules are essential to having the perfect facility reservation software? Here are a few that I think are the most important.
- Waivers: Have clients sign waivers for any incidents that could happen at the facility. Protect your business.
- Prepay or Pay Later Features: Let clients pay during the time of booking, at the facility when they arrive, or allow them to pay from home anytime before the reservation.
- Notifications: Send clients email confirmations and reminders about their upcoming reservations and bookings to avoid no-call no-shows!
- Approval Process: Let the facility approve or reject unpaid reservation requests from clients.
- Limitations for Scheduling: Set limits for when clients are allowed to schedule, including how far in advance they can book.
- The Amount of Notice Required For Scheduling: Limit how close to the time of appointment a client can schedule, to avoid any last-minute surprise bookings.
- Custom Pricing Based On Space, Duration, or Group (Contract Pricing): Change pricing for multiple things, including a change in price for certain client groups and organizations, or offer pricing changes based on the time of day – depending on when your facility is full, or when it is slow.
- Detailed Reporting: View reports on your reservations, transactions, and more.
Facility reservation can be incredibly important in keeping your business running successfully. For more ways to take advantage of this software, book a consultation with our experts or request a demo with eSoft Planner’s facility reservation software.